jeu. 22 avr.|
Online Via Zoom
How to Combat Seasonal Allergies Using Herbs & Other Holistic Remedies
Q & A with Colleen Zuntag, Clinical Herbalist & Dr. DV, Dushyant Viswanathan
Time & Location
22 avr. 2021, 18:00 – 20:00 UTC−4
Online Via Zoom
About the Event
Learn about what causes allergies and how to treat them with herbs and other holistic remedies. This intimate presentation will be held via Zoom. It is a great opportunity to connect with our presenters and ask questions, so that you receive information that may help empower you to tap into your body's natural ability to heal itself.
Fields of Service: Herbalism, Client-centered care, Collaboration Years in Service: 4 years Certifications: certified through the Mid-Atlantic School of Herbalism professional clinical herbalism program Specialties/Scope of Practice: Herbs can help support your body in many ways: Immune health, Digestion, Cardiovascular, Healthy Skin, Urinary, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Healthy Aging, Endocrine, General Wellness, Oral health, Respiratory, Musculoskeletal, Mental health/Nervous system and more.
Colleen’s path to becoming an herbalist began over 25 years ago after the birth of her children. Through her lifelong love for Nature and natural healing she was drawn to work with plant medicine and other holistic approaches to manage her own health challenges and that of her two sons. After years of using her kitchen wisdom, Colleen received formal training and graduated from the Mid-Atlantic School of Herbalism where she now teaches and is a supervisor in the student community clinic.
Colleen believes within all of us is an innate vitality. Plants nurture this vitality, supporting the body’s natural intelligence to be health-ful. Health challenges and suffering can be a powerful tool to reconnect us to our inner light, our ability to be well even within illness. Plants are wonderful allies as we travel the road to wholeness helping us build resiliency and a deeper self-awareness.
DR. DV, DUSHYANT VISWANATHAN, Medical Director of Columbia Center for Integrative Medicine
Dr. DV, Dushyant Viswanathan, MD, ABIM, ABOIM, AACE, is a dual board certified integrative internist, licensed in Maryland and California, Medicare/Medicaid provider, and skilled/trained in hospital-based, house-call, and office-based clinical care. He specializes in enteroimmunology & endocrinology.
His parents immigrated to the USA from India. He is of South Indian origin, raised in India and the USA (Michigan & California), went to high school in California and college at UC Irvine (in Southern California).
His main scholastic priorities were: philosophy, truth, biology, chemistry, subatomic chemistry, sociology, world history, physics, and phenomenology. He offered his thesis on: Neural Network theory and the Phenomenology of Music Perception.
After college he became a certified professional physical trainer, then went to medical school at St. George’s University SOM, followed by internship at San Jaoquin General Hospital in French Camp, CA, and then residency at the University of Maryland.
After residency, he started his private practice which was merged into CCIM, and legacy began in 2011.
SERVICES: (for any/all services, contact us at email@example.com or 8882502246)
- Enteroimmunology (Gut Microbiome-based immunology) & Endocrinology service specialized towards chronic disease reversal (any chronic disease)- offered in our offices in Columbia, MD and Woodland Hills, CA.
- Home Health service in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA, and in Maryland.
- Women’s Health-focused endocrinology services in our offices in Columbia, MD and Woodland Hills, CA.
- Hospice service in Los Angeles, CA
- Nursing home service in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA
- Musculoskeletal medicine service featuring manual therapies, acupuncture, and prolozone in Baltimore, MD and Columbia, MD
- Integrative Medicine for cancer in Los Angeles, CA and Columbia, MD
- Primary Care service for Regal/Lakeside IPA patients in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles, CA
- Hospital medicine service in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
- Concierge Medicine services for anyone in Maryland or California
- PRP and prolotherapy to repair joints offered in our offices in Columbia, MD and Woodland Hills, CA.
- Integrative Alchemy services focused on women’s health and nourishment in our Woodland Hills, CA office
- Custom Compounding of Medical treatments
If you need any of these services, call us at 888 250 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org